• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Illustrations (1 Viewer)

JPMoar

Hello all, I'm looking for a little help if possible.

I had the idea to produce a poster of the birds from my local area that would be available for sale but I need to source illustrations.

Can anyone point me to a website where I could purchase(perhaps on license) the various bird illustrations?.

I have contacted the RSPB Image Archive but was wondering if there were any other places or websites that offered this service.

Many thanks for your help.

JP Moar

You could try searching our Gallery for the species you're interested in.

If you find any that appeal to you, you would then need to ask permission of the relevant member(s) to use them.

Hi, thanks, that was a good idea.

I had a look but is there a way of filtering it down to illustrations or drawings?.

There is a Category for Arts and Graphics, which you could scroll through: Art & Graphics

Alternatively, put the species name in the Search Bar then select the Arts and Graphis Category from the drop down list below.

The Gallery Search changed with the new platform (it uses the Tags), and we're still trying to add Tags to many of the pictures. As I'm doing them, I've been adding a tag for Artwork, but they're just a drop in a very big ocean at the moment.

You could, of course, also search this Artwork forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back