• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few montane forest birds (1 Viewer)

Steve Keen

Considering a return to Kenya in January as a nice easy and cheap trip.
Very few lifers available, and the trip would largely be spent camping at Baringo and Naivasha just for some decent easy birding (although I must finally get Grey-crested Helmetshrike).

Was also wondering whether any of the fooliwing are available at any safe to access sites using public transport:

Moustached Tinkerbird
Brown-backed Woodpecker
Cinnamon Bracken Warbler
White-browed Crombec
Black-fronted Bushshrike
Doherty's Bushshrike
Abyssinian Crimsonwing

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve
there is a very good book called 50 best sites in Kenya , by Catherine Ngarachu , an old friend of mine . I think you will get of the info there

Mike

Looked at Steve's list and having seen BfBS in South Africa, I looked at the distribution and learned that it's treated by some as conspecific with Many-coloured Bush Shrike, I didn't know that!

Not that it's much use Steve but just seen Wb Crombec and Doherty's BS in Rwanda.

Andy

Didn't know that either. Have seen plenty of McBS, but BfBS has eluded me on three trips to its range (although couldn't get to the South Africa site so probably that doesn't count).

Steve

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back