• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of micros (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Any help apprceiated as usual.

Attachments

• P6241120.JPG
    P6241120.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 12
  • P6241122.JPG
    P6241122.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P6241137.JPG
    P6241137.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 11
  • P6241090.JPG
    P6241090.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 12
I wonder if the first one could be Blastodacna hellerella / atra? and the other maybe Gypsonoma dealbana?
Great call Rosaria, UK moths notes re atra 'They closely resemble B. hellerella, but generally are darker overall, with hellerella having a more "pied" appearance.' I think that based on that, mine is probably hellerella.

On the second, I was considering Epiblema scutulana but for such a fresh moth, I'd expect to see the tuft?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back