• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

5 days in Center of Spain: Valladolid and Villafafila (1 Viewer)

arodris

You can see the complete report of this trip in my blog: http://arodris.blogspot.com/

This December I travelled to Valladolid with the aim of doing some birding. Previous days were snowy, and thus, all was covered by snow. Despite that, I managed to do some interesting birding. On December 4th, I visited an area located at about 20 minutes by car from Valladolid. This area is named Área Recreativa Colagón, belongs to the city of Villanueva de Duero (south of Valladolid), and contains the Adaja river, near its mouth in the Duero river. This river has very well preserved riversides, and around it there are areas with abundant pines and farms. Good numbers of azure-winged magpies, northern lapwings, and eurasian golden plovers.

Nest day, December 5th, I visited Villafáfila (Zamora), to try to see, despite the rainy day, gooses and cranes present during the previous days. The Laguna Grande in Otero de Sariegos was full of water, with abundant anatidae. Pictures are not good, due to bad light and rain, but I show you as testimony. Importantly, we saw, in addition to great bustards and cranes, one greater white-fronted goose and one Anser fabalis.

Regards,

Antonio

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back