• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Isle of Man (1 Viewer)

Mark, a sure way to earn bad luck on Ellan Vannin is to speak the R-A-T word out loud...quer fellas, ring tails is fine but never ever the R word :0) Still workin' on the Finnstuff for ya!

McM

Mark, a sure way to earn bad luck on Ellan Vannin is to speak the R-A-T word out loud...quer fellas, ring tails is fine but never ever the R word :0) Still workin' on the Finnstuff for ya!

McM

Good job I did not mention it whilst on the island, a great place to visit.

just starting to book up Finland so any info appreciated

Cheers

Mark

More madness this time on the isle of Man

http://www.hows.org.uk/inter/birds/2010trip/ork/manx.htm

Mark

Mark,

You must be the only one to come to the Isle of Man and take a photograph of a long-tailed fella!

You mention seeing choughs on a playing field in Peel. How many choughs were there, and which playing field - the one on the Headlands which is just E of the far end of the Promenade?

Good on yah!

Allen

Mark,

You must be the only one to come to the Isle of Man and take a photograph of a long-tailed fella!

You mention seeing choughs on a playing field in Peel. How many choughs were there, and which playing field - the one on the Headlands which is just E of the far end of the Promenade?

Good on yah!

Allen

Well I am not normal - the choughs were difficult to find but I had two on the playing fields in Peel, between Battery Road and Peveril road which I think is the one you are refering to.

Mark

Well I am not normal - the choughs were difficult to find but I had two on the playing fields in Peel, between Battery Road and Peveril road which I think is the one you are refering to.

Mark

Mark,

Yes, that's them. It is actually unusual to see choughs feeding on those playing fields.

PM if you are on the Island again. I cannot help you as regards photographing rodents, but I can advise about finding flocks of choughs!

Allen

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back