• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unexpected at Cuber, Majorca (1 Viewer)

jhilary

Up at the Cuber reservoir in Majorca yesterday. We saw the expected Black and Griffon Vultures, Osprey etc, but were flummoxed by this budgie waiting for us on the trees near the refuge hut. Only a low-res photo, I'm afraid. Is he/she a feature there?

John

Attachments

• Budgie seen at Cuber reservoir, 30 July 2010.jpg
    Budgie seen at Cuber reservoir, 30 July 2010.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 177
Someone on Majorca is missing a Budgerigar.

John.

Blimey, this is becoming the norm on Birdforum. Someone posts about finding a nice bird and it gets shot down in flames as an escapee by self delusional one liner 'intellectuals'. Does any bird get a chance here or do we need to keep ringing around all the zoos first? :C

It's a budgie Andrew, they come from Australia. I know where you are coming from but in this case the comment is likely to be correct and therefore surely not self delusional.

Stephen

It's a budgie Andrew, they come from Australia. I know where you are coming from but in this case the comment is likely to be correct and therefore surely not self delusional.

Stephen

You are right*, Stephen. Were you being "tongue in cheek", Andrew? Some parts of Spain have lots of exotic escaped birds. My long "list" of them includes a budgie at Port Vell in Barcelona.

Allen

*Stating the B obvious, but, well, it is Sunday morning!

The funny thing is, I've seen escaped budgerigars, and I live and have been to places where they live. I've never seen a wild one though :p One day, hehe.

Blimey, this is becoming the norm on Birdforum. Someone posts about finding a nice bird and it gets shot down in flames as an escapee by self delusional one liner 'intellectuals'. Does any bird get a chance here or do we need to keep ringing around all the zoos first? :C

Come on Andrew. You can do a lot better than this!

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back