• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Watcher Pro - Free Database (1 Viewer)

JCLynn

This may be of interest to some people who like to keep consice records of their birding.

Bird Watcher Pro - Fully functional and free. Plenty of boxes to fill in information and very user friendly. I just downloaded it to have a look and see what it was like and thought it was pretty neat.

link here http://www.rb59.com/bwpro/

To be honest, I've yet to find a free database that beats Jeff's, from here
Jeff is a BF member and has produced a great piece of kit, I was using a database that I'd paid for prior to finding Jeff's and I was an instant convert, so I wasted £40...but hey I've got a better bit of kit with Jeff's.

re: Bird Watcher Pro

I just had a more extensive play around with this software this morning and it looks like records can only be viewed one at a time. Searching to find is easy, but still only one record at a time is viewable. Exporting is unavailable and the software does not have the function to create day/year lists. This software, in my opinion, is good in that it has the ability to allow you to input a lot of info per record. I can see one excellent use for this software: It's a very very easy way to keep a record of, for example, of a regular sea watch at a particular watching point, by lumping all of your session sightings per visit as one record. Having said this, now I've 'tested' the software more, there are much better birding databases around, and, as Keith said, Jeff's is very good.
As with all database software though, my opinion is that anybody with a modicum of excel knowledge or the patience to bother to learn, can create a birding database/record system that suits their own personal needs without bothering with 3rd party software.

Last edited:
Looks good but I wonder, can you extract your own records in the form of year/site/month/day lists?
Hi Keith. There are several options, witch may require your needs. Some examples (wich you only see once you logged in):

Check your yearlist:
14438.jpg

Check your sightings:
14439.jpg

Check your eternal month list:
14440.jpg

Export your sightings:
14441.jpg

Recently, a French started to use this program for his sightings on the isles of Oussant, France. |8)|

This link (here) represents the sightings in my local patch.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back