• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aldi Zoom Binoculars Pt 2 (1 Viewer)

Carless

I'm trying to respond to this thread, but can't because it's more than 663 days old

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=1411542#post1411542

In the above thread, I was asked to respond after two weeks, then two months, then two years after buying a pair of Aldi Zoom Binoculars. It's now, more or less, two years on. So, here's my post:

Carless, you will now have to keep them. Report back in two weeks, and two months and then in 2 years.

Or report on your refund success.

We still have the binoculars, and they still work as well as when we bought them.

Which means that they don't have as good an image as our Pentax and Tento binoculars. But, they're OK for the price. They still zoom OK.

However, as they are not our best binos we only use them occasionally. So, having had them for two years now is not that much of an indication of reliability as it would be if we were using them on a weekly basis.

Yesterday we went to Swithland wood, and decided not to take the Tento binos to keep total carry weight down, with the mainly plastic Aldi zoom binos being much lighter than the mainly metal Tento binos. Though we did have our Pentax Papillo (spelling?) binos with us.

We've ended up using them as a backup, and for when we want to take out three sets of binos.

Personally I think they were worth the price, are a reasonable product, and a reasonable purchase for us at the time given what we paid and what we intended to use them for.

Did you try checking the "I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply." checkbox before hitting the "Post Quick Reply" button.

I've not had a problem with resurrecting an old thread if I check the box.

As you can see doing that worked for me ...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back