• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Platform Feeders (1 Viewer)

Kaled

Hi, all. I have a question about platform feeders. Is there any way to keep squirrels away from them? I already have one feeder up, and a squirrel is usually hanging around the bottom of the pole catching dropped seeds, and I'm afraid that if I put seeds out on a table or a platform feeder it will go there and keep any birds away.

Is it possible to create a seed catcher? so that the seeds are eaten only where required? cut a soccer ball in an exact half to create the shape to which I allude? place a clear walled section around the feeder so that few if any seeds get displaced?

Ooroo from Penn in Oz

Dear Kaled,

Yes, Droll Yankee a firm on your side of the pond make a range of things to ward off squirrels plus very durable feeders. Highly recommended.

Regards.
Gordon Boreham-Styffe.

These are truly thee best that I know of in the good ole USA and very helpful when problem solving is required.

http://www.duncraft.com

Do I get sent to thee syn bin for advertising? :^D>>> well I didn't say a word about "H2olly Homes" in Oz did I despite ....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back