• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

5 days to BIRD 4th week of June (1 Viewer)

orca

hi;
My wife and I are going to be in Tokyo with another birding couple from June 21 to June 26, 2014. Any suggestions as to where to bird? We have booked a Birding Pal birder for June 25 and would like some suggestions for the 22nd, 23rd and 24th. We will be staying at Tokyo Shinagawa-eki Takanawa-guchi.

Thanks, cheers Paul

Hello Paul
I don't think anyone uses this site Birdforum site now, there is the very non user friendly Yahoo site Kantori though. Not the birders mind you just the complicated yahoo log in nonsense, drives you mad. Can't help with Tokyo but I'm sure the Kantori folk will advise.
Matthew

Thanks Mathew;

Through other contacts we arranged a trip to Mt Fuji. So I figure we'll spend the remaining 2 days enjoying Tokyo's city parks.

Cheers Paul

Thanks Mathew;

Through other contacts we arranged a trip to Mt Fuji. So I figure we'll spend the remaining 2 days enjoying Tokyo's city parks.

Cheers Paul

Ok good news, flew past Mt Fuji in December, projecting up above the cloud , most impressive.
I'll try to post some interesting stuff from Hokkaido from 13th April, still trying to find a reliable site for 'Hokkaido' Crested Kingfisher in the eastern part of the island but struggling ....

Hi Paul,

I had a weekend at the start of June last year spare and visited 2 places. The Tokyo Wild Bird Park which had mainly wading birds. The other location was Tama shinrin kagakuen (Tama Forest Science Garden) but did not see much there and saw more in one of the parks next to hotel in Tachikawa. If I was to recommend, I would go to the Tokyo Wild Bird Park. It is only 3-400 Yen to get in.

I will have a weekend at the start of June again, and if I go anywhere interesting, I will post here.

Hi Paul,

Just in case you are still looking, I ended up being rained out so did not get to see much this trip. I did get a video of azure-winged magpie, a grey-cheeked starling eating a berry and a crow eating a grey-cheeked starling.

If the weather was better, I was planning to go to Tama Cemetery as I heard some where that this can be quite good as lower number of people and large areas of greenery. Maybe next year.

I just came back from Hokkaido, and from what I have seen in Tokyo and heard from other people, monsoon season is in full swing in Honshu, so first concern should be the weather!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back