• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any local knowledge out there in SW France? (1 Viewer)

Stevein47

France
We have recently moved to SW France and live in Dept 47, Lot et Garonne. We love the different species here (from the UK) but are struggling to find reserves (apart from the excellent Le Teich) or good birding locations. Can anybody help please?

I’d put SW France in the title if I were you. And also there should be a relevant thread for France which would help. Otherwise many will skip over your post without realising where you are.

Welcome to BF by the way. 👍🏼

eBird hotspots and reports for interesting local species is usually an informative source for info.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

If you post in this board you may get some help

and this section might have some information

Hi Steve and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You may be able to find something in our Opus section by using the Search bar - here is a list of all the sites we know of in France : Category:France - BirdForum Opus some of which may be in the area you're interested in. On our Willow Warbler page is a picture taken in Bois Vert garden, Garonne.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back