• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Won one, Lost one? (2 Viewers)

alananne

After 11 years living in this house we have seen our first Song Thrush [and one day there were two] who has been a constant visitor for over a month helping me reduce the snails around the place. I seem to be seeing a few more in other places running out from Crossgate Moor, through Bearpark and in the Malton picnic area near Lanchester.

In that same time period despite continuing to fill the feeders in our garden there have been no Robins at the feed tray and I have not seen a regular in Malton picnic area along the Browney where the beck joins from Lanchester and, come to think of it, not seen a single bird for several weeks.

Congrats on the garden Song Thrushes. They're pretty scrce in our garden as wel for most of the year though following breeding we usually do see the odd one or two. This year we've had a whole family of them for the last two weeks though they're visiting less frequently now. Likewise in winter we may get one for a few days.

Apart from them though we've plenty of birds in the garden still visiting the feeders most numerous being Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Dunnock and Blackbird. Robin are a usual sighting for us but it's back to just the odd one as they visit less often in summer when breeding. I'm still seeing them on my local patch most usually the speckled juveniles and always in deep cover.

I think it's just that summer is a quieter time ofr seeing birds and I'm pretty sure that in a few weeks they'll be more obvious again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back