• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

With the recent price hikes, my spotting scope set-up now lists for $6,077. Yikes. (1 Viewer)

Never imagined this conversation could actually end up with someone on a birding site attempting to actually flex (willi-waggle) a garish early 18kt Rolex Sky-Dweller. SMH.

I googled the watch as you described it and then I got really confused ... it sells for a thousand CZK but with prices down to a single 1/100th of a crown? I thought we abandoned those years ago ... no wait, the price in EUR is in tens of thousands.

Turns out Google search for products is simply not designed for costs in millions :)

To get back to the main topic: How are you finding the interior setup so far? Any more thoughts about it? How does it compare to the normal (green) version? It looks very handsome!
It is identical to the normal green version but for color. I previously had an ATX 115, I found the image phenomenal but the size and bulk prohibitive. The image on the 85mm is completely satisfying and I like the zoom range on the 85 starting at 25X instead of 30X. The Interior version lives in front of a picture window in my Alaska cabin, when I‘m on the move I leave the berelebauch tripod and head behind and take a carbon fiber Gitzo with a Swarovski CTH head. I use a large Pelican case if travel is significant. In half decent light, I find the image to be everything I could ever want.

It is interesting in Alaska certain times of year to go to a large lake and see no eagles with the naked eye. But then take a spotting scope and slowly circumnavigate the trees around the shoreline and you’ll inevitably spot one to four Bald Eagles.

Attachments

• 6CCDB0D5-00BE-4F39-86D5-9AB2F146AF59.jpeg
    6CCDB0D5-00BE-4F39-86D5-9AB2F146AF59.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 22D4BF7F-5C32-4AE4-9812-34493F19E3D5.jpeg
    22D4BF7F-5C32-4AE4-9812-34493F19E3D5.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Buying durable high-value goods is a wise response to runaway inflation! In fact, since the entire West runs on fiat currency these days, your cash is almost guaranteed to be worthless within a generation. (of course, trading optics for food and shelter could be problematic)

I recently told a Brit friend of mine, still struggling to understand Ameri-english, we murder the language over here - just absolutely brutalize it! It's been 9 years since she landed here....I think she was trying to explain the correct usage of the word "pants" to me, it's interchangeable with "trousers" here but not back home apparently....

It is identical to the normal green version but for color. I previously had an ATX 115, I found the image phenomenal but the size and bulk prohibitive. The image on the 85mm is completely satisfying and I like the zoom range on the 85 starting at 25X instead of 30X. The Interior version lives in front of a picture window in my Alaska cabin, when I‘m on the move I leave the berelebauch tripod and head behind and take a carbon fiber Gitzo with a Swarovski CTH head. I use a large Pelican case if travel is significant. In half decent light, I find the image to be everything I could ever want.

It is interesting in Alaska certain times of year to go to a large lake and see no eagles with the naked eye. But then take a spotting scope and slowly circumnavigate the trees around the shoreline and you’ll inevitably spot one to four Bald Eagles.
It looks like your Shepard has a buddy, they are great in pairs.

Never imagined this conversation could actually end up with someone on a birding site attempting to actually flex (willi-waggle) a garish early 18kt Rolex Sky-Dweller. SMH.
Isn't it nice that there are no guillochéed platinum thousand-meter submersible binoculars? As much as some moan about prices, there's really only 10x variation in cost of decent ones. Among the less flexy consumer goods, keeping this sort of thing quite marginal here. (Thanks for "flex"... and "SMH")

Isn't it nice that there are no guillochéed platinum thousand-meter submersible binoculars? As much as some moan about prices, there's really only 10x variation in cost of decent ones. Among the less flexy consumer goods, keeping this sort of thing quite marginal here. (Thanks for "flex"... and "SMH")
Breguet does that to their platinum dials of their watches..

BED613C0-0EC4-4420-9A20-763B21A1B8D4.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back