• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weight of FS 78 and 82? (1 Viewer)

rdfish1

I have not been able to determine the weight of these two scopes, including the zoom ep. Doesn’t need to be exact but trying to figure out how heavy these scopes are. My ed2 is very light

also, any pitfalls to ordering a scope on eBay when the seller is in Japan? Seems like a lot of the equipment in there comes from a seller in Japan. Often look reputable but I’m hesitant, and wanted to get your opinion first. Thx

I think all you need is here re the eyepieces and ED82…..

I just ordered an ED60 with MC 38x eyepiece to scavenge for my ED82, from Japan - the scope is a bit battered, but the eyepiece like hen’s teeth, so am hoping it goes well as my first experience of buying from Japan through ebay. Looks like UK VAT/sales tax paid via ebay, so am hoping it should go OK 🤞 ….I know others have done the same for the MC eyepieces with success.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back