• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler? From Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

Lingling

Hong Kong
Hi ! Spotted this little bird yesterday, not quite sure what kinds of warbler.thanks for any information

Attachments

• DSC00330.jpeg
    DSC00330.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00327.jpeg
    DSC00327.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00325.jpeg
    DSC00325.jpeg
    844.4 KB · Views: 70
Arctic Warbler I think. It looks relatively large for a Phylloscopus, with elongated shape, long wings, short tail and relatively large bill. Wing bar fairly narrow (not as broad as Yellow-browed), vague streaking on the breast and long, thin supercilium. The bare part colours are a bit tricky to judge because of the light but it seems to have brown legs and mostly dark bill with pale base.

Among the rest of the Arctic complex, Kamchatka Leaf Warbler still hasn't been recorded in Hong Kong, and Japanese is very rare, with only a handful of records. Arctic Warbler is probably the commonest Phylloscopus in Hong Kong in mid-May - other species have already moved north, but Arctic is quite a late migrant.

Arctic Warbler I think. It looks relatively large for a Phylloscopus, with elongated shape, long wings, short tail and relatively large bill. Wing bar fairly narrow (not as broad as Yellow-browed), vague streaking on the breast and long, thin supercilium. The bare part colours are a bit tricky to judge because of the light but it seems to have brown legs and mostly dark bill with pale base.

Among the rest of the Arctic complex, Kamchatka Leaf Warbler still hasn't been recorded in Hong Kong, and Japanese is very rare, with only a handful of records. Arctic Warbler is probably the commonest Phylloscopus in Hong Kong in mid-May - other species have already moved north, but Arctic is quite a late migrant.
Thank you for your explanation! I am really confused when it comes to warbler , i do notice some difference now, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back