• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waders on the Dee Estuary - That's the Plan for a Day This Winter! (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

This winter I'd like to spend a day watching Waders (hopefully in large numbers) from the shores of the Dee Estuary.

I'll be travelling up from the West Midlands for the day by train.

Can anyone give me recommendations with regards to:

* Best location to view from
* The best dates/month to go
* Access via trains or a local bus from a connecting station
* How the tide affects viewing locations
* I'll be using a 8-20X scope either from tripod or mono pod

Cheers,

Paul. o:D

I'm happy to give you a guided tour and a cup of tea! What do you want to see?

The view from my house is this :)

Attachments

• Mixed flock.JPG
    Mixed flock.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 205
Paul
Whatever you do try to get to Parkgate just beofre dusk to check out any Harrier roost. Several (possibly 4) Hen Harriers seen coming recently.

Jane
Are you the lady with the large camera I met going down to Red Rocks last week? You were going to phot GGS but it had flown out towards Hilbre. I was one of the lucky ones who saw it that morning.

I didn't know there were so many harriers about. Guess I'll have to wander that way tomorrow!

Hi Jane. You must be THE Jane - we spoke briefly last week. You had a camera. I'd just watched the GGS fly towards Hilbre!
Guess I'll go to Parkgate myself tomorrow for a look.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back