• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vancouver Island - quick response reqd ! (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I had been planning to visit Vancouver Island with a view to photographing the Birdlife / Whales and hopefully Bears later this Autumn.
Unfortunately an unscheduled business trip tomorrow means I haven't the time to research the best time for a visit and my partner needs to book her holiday at work asap.
With this in mind I would appreciate if anyone can advise which is the best time to visit to view the Whales and Bears.
I was hoping to visit sometime from maybe mid Sept or possibly October.
I would appreciate if anyone can advise if these dates would be suitable to photograph all of the above.

Many Thanks

Hi Eos. Not Sept/ Oct I'm afraid but we had great views of Grey Whales in May and Humpbacks in June. Both times out of Tofino. Bears were easier in June than May. Plenty off main highway to Port Hardy.

For Bald Eagles we saw too many to count over what looked (and smelled) like some sort of landfill outside of Telegraph Cove.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back