• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkey Trip (1 Viewer)

Well FFS, check out the weather for Gaziantep this weekend - might as well stay at home:

Fri Day weather
Heavy Rain
Westerly9
75%
1008mb
Very good
More info for Friday's weather
Sat Day weather
Heavy Rain Shower
South Westerly13
68%
1012mb
Very good
More info for Saturday's weather
Sun Day weather
Hail Shower
North Easterly2
75%
1014mb
Very good
More info for Sunday's weather
Last updated at 22:50, Tuesday 19 Apri

Have I got the wrong Gaziantep?
a

Thanks to Wills and Kate, I've decided to book a ten day trip to Turkey during 23/4-2/5, flying in /out of Gaziantep. My hit list (never been to Turkey) is something like this:

Demerkazik: Crimson-winged Finch,Radde's Accentor, Caspian Snowcock,

Birecik / Gaziantep: See-see Partridge, Iraq Babbler, White-throated Robin, Kurdish (Red-tailed) Wheatear, Eastern Rock Nuthatch, , Desert Finch, Dead Sea Sparrow, Cinereous Bunting,

Goksu Delta / Coast: Olive Tree Warbler, Ruppell's Warbler, Kruper's Nuthatch,

Elsewhere?: Saker, Armenian Gull,

[I won't be going East for Mongolian Finch - assume this is nailed on In Tibet, as Saker I suppose!]

I'll do the usual webtrawls etc for trip reports but any top tips on sites & the above species would be very welcome. I'm a bit worried some of the species might not have arrived (Wheatear?, Robin?) - any ideas?

Also any sites for good plants / mammals / herps etc welcome

Cheers, alan

Well I saw and had great views of all bar Olive-tree Warbler (not back yet..), Saker (always a long shot) and adult Armenian Gull. I think I've seen the latter species but more on that elsewhere with images.

More useful updates (I hope) to follow

cheers, alan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back