• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkey, the place not the bird (1 Viewer)

Nick-on

Morning All,
Off to Turkey for a week next sunday (6th) doing the 'usual' route Antalya/Sultan Marshes/Birecik/Tarsus Delta/Antalya and I'm after any recent info, especially on things like : is the Striated Scops still in Birecik (spelling?) etc also any logistical help/info. There are lots of reports about on the net but none, that I can find, say things like "drove from Antalya to Demirkazig (spelling again?) and it took 10 hours" or whatever! Actually the plan is to do exactly that so I would be really interested in knowing how long it does actually take.
Also any recommendations for decent hotels/cafes/birding spots.....anything really.
Thanks in advance

Nick

Going on Sunday, can't believe no-ones done Turkey recently?

Nick
Were going to turkey on the 10th starting at biracek and then moving east might see you there,we will be looking for the owl that evening,we have no up to date info on the owl or Iraq babbler.

Were going to turkey on the 10th starting at biracek and then moving east might see you there,we will be looking for the owl that evening,we have no up to date info on the owl or Iraq babbler.

Hi Phil,
Plan is to be in Birecik on the 10th and 11th, will probably be in the tea gardens both evenings so might well see you!

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back