• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkana area info please (1 Viewer)

James Bray

Hi there

I'm going to be based near Kitale in north-west Kenya for a couple of weeks in July and was thinking of heading up to bird around Turkana after that with a friend. We would be going by public transport. It looks like there are quite a few birds up that way which you can't get elsewhere in Kenya.

Does anyone have any gen. on the Turkana area? I haven't found any decent info on the area on the web so far.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

James

Lake turkana birding

Hi there

I'm going to be based near Kitale in north-west Kenya for a couple of weeks in July and was thinking of heading up to bird around Turkana after that with a friend. We would be going by public transport. It looks like there are quite a few birds up that way which you can't get elsewhere in Kenya.

Does anyone have any gen. on the Turkana area? I haven't found any decent info on the area on the web so far.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

James

That sounds lovely James,

Lake Turkana also known as Jade sea is a nice birding place and you shouldnt mis birding there. Its actually an IBA by it self. The williams lack can also be found on the North eastern part of Turkana.You will definately like it there and kitale is also a nice place for birding.I think i will be joining you for Turkana birding as am still in Kenya.

Cheers !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back