• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip report from Southern Finland (2 Viewers)

Yes. Kainuu is the main region for bluetails.

distribution map

Kuusamo is the higher group of dots in eastern border (abover 730) and Kainuu is the are between 705 to 730. South from 705 is Norht Karelia. Dots are 10x10km squares where birds have been heard or seen.

After this Atlas was made, there has been 2 exelent bluetail years!

Hi McMadd,

Planning our trip for June next year three weeks including travel time. Found some interesting reports for Tampere area. Will be mainly in Valkeakoski again and Rouvesi.

Somebody has got Citrine Wagtail for Tampere area at Sarkklanjörvi but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the map.

I want to go all out for River Warbler this year having dipped previously around Valkeakoski. Looks like Pallid Harrier could be a possibility for southern finland as well! Even Hawk Owl has breed in the south.

Excited already.

Do you have any Tampere tips or anyone else for that matter?

Regards,
Rosbifs

ps seen Red FLanked Bluetail in the north so not really a target unless can get in in the south.

Have you any experience of Siikajarvi (between Rouvesi and Orivesi)? I went once for the Cranes and the terrain looked fab - the copses and then open marsh land.

Hi

In the process of relocating back to TMP from Shanghai with a side-trip to UK so not up to speed yet! Will pm you once I'm organised again

Cheers
McM

Hi McMadd,

Planning our trip for June next year three weeks including travel time. Found some interesting reports for Tampere area. Will be mainly in Valkeakoski again and Rouvesi.

Somebody has got Citrine Wagtail for Tampere area at Sarkklanjörvi but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the map.

I want to go all out for River Warbler this year having dipped previously around Valkeakoski. Looks like Pallid Harrier could be a possibility for southern finland as well! Even Hawk Owl has breed in the south.

Excited already.

Do you have any Tampere tips or anyone else for that matter?

Regards,
Rosbifs

ps seen Red FLanked Bluetail in the north so not really a target unless can get in in the south.

Have you any experience of Siikajarvi (between Rouvesi and Orivesi)? I went once for the Cranes and the terrain looked fab - the copses and then open marsh land.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back