• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thursley 1st May 09 (1 Viewer)

Glorious weather, full sun and around 19 degrees with light breeze..
5 Hobbys up at once in the sky, amazing views,
Cuckoo heard, Redstarts in full song, Whitethroats, Stonechats, Curlew flight display over the marsh, Willow Warblers and Chiff Chaff, Buzzard, Kestrel, Green and Greater Spotted Woodpeckers, Mistle and Song Thrush, Robins, Dunnocks, Tits, a Rabbit and Roe Deer, there were some larks I have no clue of but they were in full song too.
I had a lovely time just sitting and watching, perfect 3.5 hrs !

Stu

Hi Stu,
we had a good time there on Sunday (3rd), but only spent about an hour late in the day. Everyone else was leaving, and they hadn't seen much, so a bit apprehensive - it was only my second time there, and my wifes first time.

Even though we didn't see as much as you we had fabulous views of three hobby and also three curlew. Saw Green woodpecker and a lovely pair of stonechat. Looking forward to our next trip.

Allan

as an update, I took a mobile phone recording of the lark I could not identify, played it back at home with my Birds CD in the PC and it matches a WoodLark.

Isn't the modern age brilliant :)

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back