• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thank you Northumberland and all people that use this part of the forum! (1 Viewer)

Steve_Halstead

Sparrow or Crow?
I will start this post on a purely ornithological basis. Thanks to my trip for a week I have seen my first;

puffin
razorbill
arctic tern (certified by pic)
Kittiwake (certified by pic)
Great skua
Guillemot
Roseate tern

The place was fantastic. It was almost odd as to how easy it was to find. Just go to the m11, drive, drive and drive again.

The people of Northumberland and those of the north east were extremely helpful. I would like to say thank you especially to...

Stewchat - aka http://boulmerbirder.blogspot.co.uk/ who gave a lot of guidance for the last five months

as well as

beadnell-birding.blogspot.co.uk/ which is run by a certain person, whom I have been in contact with and has helped for the last 5 months.

You have a wonderful bunch of people in Northumberland. If you walk up to them with the boyish enthusiasm that I did with their coastlines all you were ever met with was fantastic rapport and decency about where I should go next.

You are blessed not only with the fact that people will come and talk to you, but also people that are proud of where they live. It was one of the best holidays I have ever had, my partner and I both agree on this. I forgot to mention you have the most dramatic coastlines I have ever seen. I felt (in the best way possible) subjugated by the history and the immense fortifications that overshadowed all that I did.

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the greatest week I have ever had, (apart from the day I went to the kennedy space centre, jesus, a Saturn5 was there,) but this equals that.

Charity, I always try to help macmillan and all they do for how they helped nan and I fund up what I can, to say a massive thank you for the most friendly bunch of people I have ever met an undisclosed amount to the RNLI whilst I was there.

Thank you all so much for your help!

I should add some pics too.

Attachments

• fulmar chick.JPG
    fulmar chick.JPG
    483.9 KB · Views: 81
  • puffins in flight.jpg
    puffins in flight.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 49
  • puffin.jpg
    puffin.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 77
  • tern sandwich.JPG
    tern sandwich.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 85
  • us.jpg
    us.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 106
I will start this post on a purely ornithological basis. Thanks to my trip for a week I have seen my first;

puffin
razorbill
Great skua
Guillemot
Roseate tern

The place was fantastic. It was almost odd as to how easy it was to find. Just go to the m11, drive, drive and drive again.

The people of Northumberland and those of the north east were extremely helpful. I would like to say thank you especially to...

Stewchat - aka http://boulmerbirder.blogspot.co.uk/ who gave a lot of guidance for the last five months

as well as

beadnell-birding.blogspot.co.uk/ which is run by a certain person, whom I have been in contact with and has helped for the last 5 months.

You have a wonderful bunch of people in Northumberland. If you walk up to them with the boyish enthusiasm that I did with their coastlines all you were ever met with was fantastic rapport and decency about where I should go next.

You are blessed not only with the fact that people will come and talk to you, but also people that are proud of where they live. It was one of the best holidays I have ever had, my partner and I both agree on this. I forgot to mention you have the most dramatic coastlines I have ever seen. I felt (in the best way possible) subjugated by the history and the immense fortifications that overshadowed all that I did.

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the greatest week I have ever had, (apart from the day I went to the kennedy space centre, jesus, a Saturn5 was there,) but this equals that.

Charity, I always try to help macmillan and all they do for how they helped nan and I fund up what I can, to say a massive thank you for the most friendly bunch of people I have ever met an undisclosed amount to the RNLI has been donated too. So many thanks!!!

edited last paragraph

puffin
razorbill
Great skua
Guillemot
Roseate tern

as well as

Charity, I always try to help macmillan and all they do for how they helped nan and I fund up what I can, to say a massive thank you for the most friendly bunch of people I have ever met an undisclosed amount to the RNLI whilst I was there.

Glad you had a great trip Steve, I myself feel very lucky to live close by, only a hr or so and I'm on that fantastic coastline you mention, which I might add runs along most of the East coast from the Humber to the Tyne and beyhond, I knew you would be impressed and you got a couple of lifers I have yet too see, Roseate Tern and Great Skua. Hope you will return in the future and next time head in-land to maybe the Cheviots or the Durham/Northumberland uplands, again glad you had a great time.

Damian.

I'm a Mancunian by birth, but have lived up here for nearly 17 years now, and I have no intention of moving away for many of the reasons you mention! The company I work for has it's HQ in Greater Manchester, and has recently offered a relocation, but why would I leave this place?! Most of my birding is done by bike, and from where I live, it's less than an hour's cycle to Druridge, Cresswell, St Mary's Island, and numerous other coastal gems, as well as great sites in-land such as Prestwick Carr, Bothal, Bolam Lake, Wallington, and the edges of the Northumberland National park. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back