• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand Raptor to Identify. (1 Viewer)

Which Raptor.JPG
This was spotted Dec 8 2023 at 09:20 at the Thung Kham Reservoir, Petchaburi province, Southern Thailand. Sorry taken from the bank of reservoir at a long distance. It was gliding around at height, and swooping but no attempt at the water. I was at the time of taking the photo thinking it was an Osprey, but after enlarging the jpg, I am not sure, possibly a Kite? Any confirmation appreciated.

Attachments

• Closer.JPG
    Closer.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 33
  • touched up.JPG
    touched up.JPG
    611.5 KB · Views: 34
This was spotted Dec 8 2023 at 09:20 at the Thung Kham Reservoir, Petchaburi province, Southern Thailand. Sorry taken from the bank of reservoir at a long distance. It was gliding around at height, and swooping but no attempt at the water. I was at the time of taking the photo thinking it was an Osprey, but after enlarging the jpg, I am not sure, possibly a Kite? Any confirmation appreciated.
Immature, 2cy+ White-bellied Sea Eagle.

Grahame

Thank you Grahame. I do believe it's the first Eagle I have managed to photograph. Will return and see if I can grab a better photo if I see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back