• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tenerife advice (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
Hoping for a family holiday in tenerife in February. Very unlikely to have a car or too much time away from family

Anyone have any recommendations for a guide or tour group company for pigeons, chaffinch, goldcrest/kinglet and maybe canary. Anything up to about 200 euros or so

I've birded on lanzarote before so have some of the local species, are there any interesting ones you're likely to see just on regular tourist stuff?

Also anyone have any experience with the multiple companies offering whale watching,

Hoping for a family holiday in tenerife in February. Very unlikely to have a car or too much time away from family

Anyone have any recommendations for a guide or tour group company for pigeons, chaffinch, goldcrest/kinglet and maybe canary. Anything up to about 200 euros or so

I've birded on lanzarote before so have some of the local species, are there any interesting ones you're likely to see just on regular tourist stuff?

Also anyone have any experience with the multiple companies offering whale watching,
Personally I would spend the 200 Euros on a hire car Owene!

Chris

So just to check, do you have African Blue Tit and Berthelot's (definitely not Blyth's) Pipit? These I think are on Lanzarote, but if you missed them, these are easy on Tenerife. Also, Canary Chiffchaff isn't on Lanzarote, so you probably miss that? That shouldn't be an issue on Tenerife either.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have bertholets but not the blue tit or chiffchaff. Need to add them to the targets.

The car might be a cheaper option but we definitely don’t want it for the rest of the holiday and I quite like listening to people who really know the location. Hopefully it won’t be at the top end of my price range either. Just saw that quoted from one tour company if you were the only traveller

Of course when on Tenerife, you are only a few hours from Gran Canaria Blue Chaffinch, but I can see how it's not really easy to put into a trip itinerary :)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back