• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift 8X42 Utralites (1 Viewer)

Mikbul

Mikbul
I just couldn't pass on a pair for $99.00! Cleaned up nice, no optical issues. Mechanically they focus nice and smooth. I like them better than the 7X42's I just sold.

Attachments

• 8X42.jpg
    8X42.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 21
This was my very first pair of binoculars in the early to mid '90s. My mother then got started shortly after with a pair of Swift Audubon's. Good memories.

Really nice. I understand these are closely related to the Ultima/Geoma range by Vixen (as well as to other brands). The recipe (very light, very capable, quite compact) works so well for me that I just wish they keep producing more versions focusing on the same principles. Luckily, every now and then a nice unit comes up at a great price: lucky you.
My "kitchen window pair" are the 7x50 Vixen Ultima (which I think share the main body with these) and I'm always amazed when I use them.

Narrow FOV but bright and super sharp on axis and very useable with glasses. One of my first bins, purchased to lend nonbirder friends on outings.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back