• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski NL 8x42 vs Skyrover apo 8x42 sharpness contrast microcontrast etc (1 Viewer)

The second may be more troubling: recalling that it was largely a desire to thwart the industrial development of Germany in the early 1900s that led to two World Wars. That may be the analogy that matters.

Well coincidence or not the same day i got an APM Porro last days the diopter of my Leica UV 10x25 became defect.
I’m afraid its an omen and i got punished by my late father and grandfather because i bought an MIC binocular…

Opinions always differ, not only on what's best value for money but even how close a budget bin comes to a more expensive one, which sounds simple or objective but really isn't. It depends entirely on what points are given greater weight, suffers from differences in perception and difficulty in measuring some properties accurately, etc. I can understand an initial reaction to SRBC being surprisingly good, and Neil's gushing review further seemed to have a personal axe to grind. Surely the buzz will diminish soon.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I’ve been guilty more than a few times trying a new optic for the first time and being overly impressed, only to find out after numerous outings that they were not as good as I originally perceived. Or that they were equal to some other optic costing subsidiary more.
I like to avoid MIC myself when I can, but that's really just an affectation, not a moral principle. Arguments against buying from China suffer from two problems. The more obvious is that being forty years too late makes them seem superfluous now. The second may be more troubling: recalling that it was largely a desire to thwart the industrial development of Germany in the early 1900s that led to two World Wars. That may be the analogy that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back