• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suitable places to stay ... (3 Viewers)

pandachris

I'd be interested to hear suggestions for places to stay at or near the following locations:

Kuala Selangor
Fraser's Hill
Taman Negara

our criteria include (more or less in order)

access to good birding locations
birds/other wildlife on site
clean
private shower/toilet preferred
somewhere decent to eat within walking (or short boat trip) distance.

And at the risk of repeating myself, is there much risk of us ending up with nowhere to sleep if we don't book in advance? Dates between about 13th and 25th April. We'll probably have a car.

Thanks Dieter

TA folk generally are a bit weak on my 1st two criteria. I've had one Malaysia expert suggest that Taman Negara is not really a birdwatching location and another recommend some sort of bird zoo.

They're a bit better on cleanliness etc. It looks like the De Palma Inn, The Smokehouse and then play it by ear. We've only booked 2 nights at the Smokehouse so far and we might decide to stay in the area but in something less touristy. After that, it seems that the Mutiara at Taman Negara is going to be a goos bet for access to the birds, although it's a bit of a cissy choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back