• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stansted Lagoons (1 Viewer)

I've only been there once, 5 or 6 years ago, but walked in from the footpath which starts in Takeley Street on the B1256 and comes out on the A120 roundabout.

Cheers chaps,I know where you mean now.
I have seen this place before when I stopped briefly on a driveway just off the roundabout but was quickly moved on by the police.Will have a look when I am up there next few days

Cheers chaps,I know where you mean now.
I have seen this place before when I stopped briefly on a driveway just off the roundabout but was quickly moved on by the police.Will have a look when I am up there next few days

Don't know if you've been yet but don't park by the entrance which is just beside the roundabout at the A120 slip rd as there are double yellows and airport security might turn up. Best park at the BP garage or McDonald's and have a 5 min walk. The lagoons can be good - on one visit last yr (I don't go often) I had 4 garganey, a pair of ring ouzels and a long-staying adult f bar-tailed godwit (though normally much quieter than that!)

James

Will bear it in mind,only problem with BP is that you only get 40 mins to park,mcdonalds is an hour but they have cameras and will prosecute

Will bear it in mind,only problem with BP is that you only get 40 mins to park,mcdonalds is an hour but they have cameras and will prosecute

Luckily the lagoons are pretty small. You can walk round them in about 20 mins. An hour should be plenty of time there.

Park in Kingfisher meadow Takeley,cross the main road walk right untill you come to the Brook,walk north along the public footpath untill you come to the embankment on your right,walk up the embankment where you find a gap.

PH

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back