• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotting Eagles in the Highlands (1 Viewer)

Let's not over react.The point is that when discussions get significantly off-topic,a new Thread is the best way of ensuring that future searches for information have a higher success rate.

Sorry I mentioned Gamekeepers as a source of information in the Highlands it works for me I find that private Keepered Estates are the best places to spot and Photogragh Wildlife there is not the same pressure on these areas that you get on some of our Nature reserves. As a B & B owner I should have thought to mention to Andrew that this is a good sourse of information on the location of Wildlife in an area. Andrew you should also try Forest Enterprise and Highland Council Ranger service.

I remember a Goshawk nesting less than 100 metres from a very active keepers lodge a good few years back, because it was so close to the keepers lodge we assumed that he knew it was there but wasn't doing anything about it because he thought that we were watching him - WRONG, he didn't know about it until we drew attention to it by asking if we could observe the nest (with sched one licence of course) from his ground. We had to go back to work for the next few days, when we returned there was a large pile of firewood freshly cut under the nest tree, of course the Gos had deserted. When we confronted the keeper he said he didn't know that was where the nest was - we couldn't prove he did. We'd known this keeper for many years, I'd known him since I was a wee lad, we thought we were okay with him, he'll not harm the birds if he thinks we are involved with them. It just show that you can't trust keepers where birds of prey are concerned.

nirofo.

My word,

I started this post on 13 of January and apart from the first two replies nothing else happened until 23rd. It wasn't until then that I was notified there had been any replies at all so I apologise to Guffers and Fifebirder for not replying sooner. However, as you will all know, the post has been diverted slightly and now covers a topic about which I know nothing so I'll just say thank you very much to those that left me information about Eagles the Highlands. The more I read the more anxious I am to get there and with the information I've gathered from this website I feel sure we're going to have a superb holiday. Thanks again.

Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back