• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spinney Woods Kirkby. (1 Viewer)

Mostly Autumn

Has anyone been here in recent years,I remember back in the 80's this place was great for birding,Willow Tit's regularly nested in the woods,while Yellowhammer's nested in the fields of heather.I seem to remember there being lots of Reed Warbler's and Reed Bunting's too.What it's like these days? I was thinking of going there soon.

its not too good recently they have been logging a lot of the birch trees there. i spend a lot of time camping there and there as a couple of robins that like to come and sit with me round the fire in the day time.

other than that i have seen a couple of other types of birds but im very new to this and still cant identify most species so i couldnt tell you what they where but they where rather small.

when I took Students there, when I worked for Knowsley College I had Lesser Pecker (also had one at Kennels Dam in the park too) - any recent action?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back