• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SFL x40 permanent price drop? (1 Viewer)

tx2ad

United States
With the promotion expired 30th November - most retailers have reset their advertised price on the x40 SFLs to $1799.
However - B&H list both versions (8x and 10x) at $1539 and they are not marked as sale/promotion. That price is $10 less than recent promo price.

Is B&H just clearing out inventory they have with Zeiss blessing? Or, will everyone else eventually be showing the new price point?

I feel like I've seen that happen with other binoculars there as well. I always wondered/assumed if it wasn't just some programming glitch or bad management?

I think if there was a permanent price drop there would be an announcement from the brand itself, no?

“Bad management” by whom?
Whomever's in charge of making sure the website functions correctly? Inventory management?

When I was at the NYC store I felt like they were using really old software and computers to pull up inventory. Perhaps one of the clerks even complained about it, I don't remember anymore. It's, of course, all generalizations and assumptions on my part...

Over here (The Netherlands) they are currently 1645 euro less a 200 euro cashback offer that runs to the end of Feb 2024. 1799 USD seems very expensive!

I was not impressed in the build quality, and from an optic perspective it is nowhere a SF view IMO. The focus is decent, but one can get a mint used SF 8/10X42 for about the asking price of the SFL. The original asking price of $1,800 was about $200 more than the Swarovski SLC 42 models when they were in production. Additionally a fellow optics friend had one and it needed service for internal alignment issues and some bubbling up of the armor on the inner lower tubes.
They sent him a new one, so they likely do not service them, but are replaced under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back