• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

richmond bank help please (1 Viewer)

warrior1966

Hi i am going to visit richmond bank tommorrow for the first time and am a real gull novice,can anyone give directions to site from warrington and best time to watch from im hoping to catch up with the white wingers thanks

No problem,from Warrington travel out of town in the direction of Penketh,at the large roundabout after the Red Lion,carry on but turn left immediately after and follow the road to the car park at Fiddlers Ferry Tavern,walk over the canal and railway and turn left onto the towpath and walk up to the site known as Gatewarth,Richmond Bank can be viewed from here (take a Scope!) and good birding!

more help please

i spent an hour and half here this afternoon and to be honest i was totally overwhelmed with the amount of gulls present and not through lack of trying as a novive on gulls i could not sort out any white wingers.

Just to clarify i was on the opposite side to the hide and stayed up on top of the bank although it did seem to be an area on the banks that had a seat on that people may watch from. Also does the tide make a differance to amounts of gulls
I was sole birder today and could do with a little help so are there more people there on Saturday afternoon who may be able to lend a guiding hand? I don't think i have ever seen as many gulls an amazing place.

i spent an hour and half here this afternoon and to be honest i was totally overwhelmed with the amount of gulls present and not through lack of trying as a novive on gulls i could not sort out any white wingers.

Just to clarify i was on the opposite side to the hide and stayed up on top of the bank although it did seem to be an area on the banks that had a seat on that people may watch from. Also does the tide make a difference to amounts of gulls
I was sole birder today and could do with a little help so are there more people there on Saturday afternoon who may be able to lend a guiding hand? I don't think i have ever seen as many gulls an amazing place.

Hi yes it is good for gulls on the bank if you go on a Saturday it is best in the morning as to tides a big high tide will push gulls of the bank
dont no how much tide affects them other wise
I am thinking of takeing trip to the bank this saturday my self though not sure as yet
The view point i find the best is shown on map below hope this helps
good luck
|=)|MIKE:cat:

Attachments

• rich bank view point.jpg
    rich bank view point.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 225
thanks for this its a great help i was in right place and hopefully see you there on saturday morning as already looking forward to another go mike

Hi ian going to give it another go on Saturday morning does anyone know if the Glaucous and Iceland gulls are still around. Was going to make a morning visit due to the tide at 13-00pm.Thanks Mike

richmond bank

I am going to give it another go on Saturday morning does anyone know if the Glaucous and Iceland gull are still around thanks Mike

Iceland is but I don't think the Glauc has been seen for a while. There is a hybrid Glauc x Herring Gull however which I saw today.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back