• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Pallas's Warbler Farnes 1996? (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Hi just wondering if someone has any recollection or report of a Pallas's on Inner Farne, I'm pretty sure in 1996. I was on the islands that year (there was also a Yellow-breasted Bunting on one of the outer islands), I'm sure there was a very early bird (August or Setember??). I could be wrong of course.

Tried looking up on the internet with no success,

cheers, Dan

Had a dig through my Birds In Northumbria reports and turns out I have 1996 missing!!!! :eek!: Will have to amend that ASAP!

Had a look in the 1995 report for the two species you mentioned and came up trumps...tho' whether it's the two birds you are after is another thing as they were on the Farnes in different months. :smoke:

Pallas's Warbler: A rare visitor: One was on the Farne Islands on 10th November. A confiding individual in bushes near Druridge Pools between 26th - 27th November was the latest ever recorded for this Siberian visitor.

Yellow-breasted Bunting: An extremely rare visitor: One was on the Farne Islands on 13th September. This is the ninth county record and has been accepted by the British Birds Rarities Committee.

Hope these help.....if not the birds you are after, why not post on the Northumbrian thread as I'm sure some of the guys on here will come up trumps. I personally didn't see either of these birds but I'm sure there'll be folks who did! :t:

Whoops....just realised this WAS posted in the Northumberland section! :-O

In my defence....errr I'm getting old AND been up since 4.30am for work ;) :-O

;)

I was thinking ... but I'm sure I did post in the Northunberland section ... ? ... !!!

Actually I don't think either birds were available to the general public, it would have to be a case of checking reports I imagine. Can't be 1995 as I wasn't there after September, although interesting that both species occurred in consecutive years ...

Cheers for trying :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back