• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacement plastic tubes for seed feeders (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

hoping someone can help with this. Has anyone found a source of replacement (polycarbonate?) plastic tubes which are typical in many bird feeders? I'm tired of throwing away whole, perfectly usable feeders just because the tube has become brittle and cracked. Even the Droll Yankee guarantee seems unfeasibly difficult to navigate (and can anyone ever find a receipt three years later?). I'm quite happy to pay a reasonable price, but just can't find any!

I know I can't be the only one with this gripe and look forward to some solutions from all you wonderful and knowledgeable people :giggle:

I'm using Woodlink Tray Bird Feeder, positioned on the ground below my other bird feeders. Spread a mixture of food items on top and watch the birds and mammals come. The tray can be placed on the ground, hung with a wire, or mounted to a pole.

I saw "Aspects HummZinger Nectar Feeder" during a visit to my aunt's home. The main advantage of this is it is effortless to clean, and there is no leaking of food and water.

Hello all,

hoping someone can help with this. Has anyone found a source of replacement (polycarbonate?) plastic tubes which are typical in many bird feeders? I'm tired of throwing away whole, perfectly usable feeders just because the tube has become brittle and cracked. Even the Droll Yankee guarantee seems unfeasibly difficult to navigate (and can anyone ever find a receipt three years later?). I'm quite happy to pay a reasonable price, but just can't find any!

I know I can't be the only one with this gripe and look forward to some solutions from all you wonderful and knowledgeable people :giggle:
Hello CleverCookie. I hope you are well. I can see you wrote this a while ago. I too am looking for replacement feeder tubes for the same reason and wondered if you had any luck with finding any? I am in the UK.

Many thanks, best wishes
Kj

Hello all,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back