• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent Montagu's Harrier- any photos? (1 Viewer)

Crake Dude

Does anyone have any photos, please, of the alleged juv. Montagu's Harrier reported on Beeley/East/Harewood Moors at the beginning of September. I have seen only one picture of the bird but it's very distant, so would really prefer something a bit closer, please.

Thankyou.

Does anyone have any photos, please, of the alleged juv. Montagu's Harrier reported on Beeley/East/Harewood Moors at the beginning of September. I have seen only one picture of the bird but it's very distant, so would really prefer something a bit closer, please.

Thankyou.

I don't think there's anything alleged about it. Some reliable birders have seen it so I've no reason to doubt it. The confusion arose with the arrival of the Hen Harrier which some thought had been misidentified as the Monty's. As far as I know there aren't any photos of the Monty's but there are some of the HH.

Yes, Dave, I apologise for using the wrong word there, my mistake.

I don't doubt the ID at all, it's just that a member of the county rarities committee asked me if I'd seen any good photos of the bird posted anywhere.

Thanks.

Steve

Reckon the Monty's never showed to anyone with a camera good enough dispite being seen close on occasions.... I never even got the camera out of the car LOL! Had to just rely on notes this time!!

I have now seen some good shots of the Hen Harrier though!!

ATB

Steph'

Thankyou for that, Steph. Only wish I'd seen it, couldn't afford chip-fat for the car.

Will keep fingers crossed that someone managed some shots.

Regards,

Steve.

Thankyou for that, Steph. Only wish I'd seen it, couldn't afford chip-fat for the car.

Will keep fingers crossed that someone managed some shots.

Regards,

Steve.

Hah I know what you mean:-O

Actually I couldn't believe that it cost me a tenner to connect with it just traveling from Belper:eek!::eek!:

I will try to remember to post up my field sketches to my website..... still trying to remember to scan the Am Black Tern too:C

ATB

Steph'

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back