• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Life List 2012 year end tally (1 Viewer)

Paul Tavares

Hi all,

I managed to add 79 new birds and a number of upgraded images to my bird photo life list during 2012. The list now stands at 535 different species. I'm hoping to cross the 600 mark with a couple of planned trips this year.

In a previous post I mentioned that I generate an annual hard copy of the list. I've just completed the third annual volume and as with anything practice makes it easier. So updating this year was simpler. I find the hardcopy very useful as each image acts as a frozen memory. These are best thawed on quiet evenings with the help of a good single malt.

The 2012 name and taxa revisions to IOC version 3.2 were not too onerous but did affect about a dozen of my entries.

For those interested in doing something similar I've made the book available for free preview, http://www.blurb.ca/books/3960021

This is not a sales pitch as books like these are personal projects. I'd be interested in sharing ideas with others doing something similar.

Happy birding in 2013,

Paul

photo life list, http://rustyblades.smugmug.com/Natu...World/15414769_8c3shM#!i=1507528991&k=K7tW4Sq

Last edited:
What an excellent idea!
Some very nice images Paul.
All I need to do is improve my Photography skillls and start dropping some hints about what I want for Christmas 2013

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back