• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

perth australia (1 Viewer)

mike4co

Hi i'm off to perth australia soon,i have been once before and had a great time discovering all the birds new to me in this part of the world,(it was just like starting birding all over again).On my last visit i saw very few waders due to not knowing of any suitable habitat in the area,and i was wondering if anyone knows the area and can point me towards any places that i could catch up with the odd wader or two.
thanks mike

SteveClark said:
G'day Mike

http://members.iinet.net.au/~foconnor/ is a great website for birds in WA. It has info on sites around Perth and, no doubt, Frank could give you more info if you contacted him.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve
thanks for the info,what a great website it will certainly be a big help in finding more birds. and as an added bonus i will be over there in time for the rugby final.
regards mike

Mike, i bet you'll have a great time out there. I have an uncle and aunt there and the last time my brother visited them he brought me a book named: Amazing Facts About Australian Birds. It's a great book and it gives names of diff waders like: Black-fronted Dotterel, Painted Snipe, Red-necked Phalarope(rare summer visitor), Terek Sandpiper, Grey Plover (winter), Wandering Tattler and Sooty Oystercatcher. Good luck on the trip!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back