• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paxton Pits (1 Viewer)

Hi Terry, I had my first all day visit to this site earlier this month, and thought it was a great reserve. Nice views of Smew and Goosander being the highlights of the day. This is what reclaimed gravel pits should be like returned to nature, not turned into nice waterside homes for the rich as has happened elsewhere in the country. I hope to return on a regular basis.

Do you also get to visit the pits @ Fen Drayton?

Terry

I am a member there and I can fully recommend this site to any one. The site comes alive when the Nightingales return. Last year I think that over 25 singing birds were recorded there. If ever you want to get a good shot of a Common Whiethroat then this is the place to do it as the piece of land by the side of the car park always contains a few of them singing their hearts out at the top of the trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back