• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NRW’s proposed approach to regulating the release of gamebirds (1 Viewer)

paddyluke

Wales
Last edited:
All I get is a form asking me to complete with my details.........no thank you.
Thought it was a link to an article.
I will pass on this.

The basic proposal is that any game bird releases with 500m of a protected site will need a specific licence from NRW.

Full paper attached.

Attachments

• Consultation Paper Regulation of Gamebird Release in Wales.pdf
    477 KB · Views: 4
I note that "positive effects" from game management practices are held by the paper to include the control of generalist predators. To say that this is arguable is to understate the case to the point of absurdity.

The paper also makes it clear that the shooting fraternity does not comply with their current legal obligations, so it is obvious they will not comply with additional restrictions.

It is clear this is same old same old and nobody involved in the process has any intention of trying to achieve a positive outcome for wildlife.

The question that needs answering is actually "should Pheasant and Red-legged Partridge be on Schedule 9" and the reason it isn't being asked is that the answer is already known to be yes.

John

The basic proposal is that any game bird releases with 500m of a protected site will need a specific licence from NRW.

Full paper attached.
So it's just asking if Wales should follow Natural England's policy and licensing ,GL43. Don't need an expensive costly debate ( keeping the quangos in work ).......just follow suit and implement it instead of waffling on. Then spend the money saved by monitoring and enforcing the licensing laws, particularly as lead shot and shooting are not up for debate.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back