• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Ecuador Jan 2012 (1 Viewer)

Ficedula

velico ergo sum
I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Northern Ecuador. Sites i hope to visit far from decided on but will include Mindo area, inter Andean valley, east slope and Napo River.

I understand travelling by public transport is perfectly feasible and i am willing to do this, but the option of hiring a car and bird guides would be more cost affective if shared.

if anyone planning or thinking of planning a trip to north Ecuador this coming winter and would like to team up for all or part of a trip do please send PM.

David Gibbs

My husband and I will be down there, although perhaps a tad earlier than you'd like- I will be settling into a field station in the east for my dissertation research by about 1 Jan. This will be my third field season, and every time I go I like to spend at least a few days birding in other parts of the country before heading east to work. So we're looking at roughly between Christmas and New Year's for doing some north Andean birding.

thanks ovenbird but it is unlikely that i will be in Ecuador before 1 January, but if your plans change do let me know.

dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back