• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New reserve open in North Devon (4 Viewers)

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention Roy. I still can't place just where this is though, hopefully it will be marked from islay Marsh. Islay Marsh is one of the first places I have been on January 1st for the last 5 years. Roger

Hi Roy,

have you heard about the ring-necked duck at Yelland power station,its been there for a short while now.Its best seen if you ask permission to enter the site and view it,as its actually in the pond,that was the power station.By the way we share the same surname,where abouts in North Devon do you live,my parents are in Bideford?

Stuart Churchill

Stuart said:
Hi Roy,

have you heard about the ring-necked duck at Yelland power station,its been there for a short while now.Its best seen if you ask permission to enter the site and view it,as its actually in the pond,that was the power station.By the way we share the same surname,where abouts in North Devon do you live,my parents are in Bideford?

Stuart Churchill

Hello Stuart, I live in Barnstaple and mainly do the Barnstaple to Instow patch and also the other side of the river at Pottington. Talking to John Wicks the other day and he mentioned another birder called Churchill who lived in Bideford.
Never knew you could get permission to enter the power station site - who do you ask about that?

Roy C said:
Hello Stuart, I live in Barnstaple and mainly do the Barnstaple to Instow patch and also the other side of the river at Pottington. Talking to John Wicks the other day and he mentioned another birder called Churchill who lived in Bideford.
Never knew you could get permission to enter the power station site - who do you ask about that?

I asked RBA to include "Ask permission to enter site" on pager messages. This is an enclosed private site on which demolition and clearance work is going on and obviously you cannot have Birders wandering around in view of the safety implications. All you need do is to approach one of the workmen when convenient to do so and ask if it will be OK to look at the pool where the Ring-necked Duck is. When I was there a few weeks ago they were working away to the right and there were no problems.
The other Birder called Dave Churchill is very well known in North Devon. Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back