• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New places (1 Viewer)

May I suggest you start by obtaining a copy of "Where to Watch Birds in East Anglia" either from your local library or by purchasing a copy. (Amazon prices are £12 new or second hand from £0.68p.) Then you can visit a number of sites and revisit those you enjoy most.

May I suggest you start by obtaining a copy of "Where to Watch Birds in East Anglia" either from your local library or by purchasing a copy. (Amazon prices are £12 new or second hand from £0.68p.) Then you can visit a number of sites and revisit those you enjoy most.

i forgot about that, its just ive looked alot of places, thanks :t:

There's a few places in Opus you might want to check out too Jinti.

D

Nowhere new and exciting, but plenty places:

If you're in Romford, Rainham RSPB is probably the best local site - it's easy to reach by car, or alternatively the nearest station is Purfleet and a 5-10 minute walk. Hornchurch CP/Ingrebourne Valley is also excellent, especially in winter. I used to spend a lot of time there. Easy on public transport from Romford, several buses from the town centre stop at various sites around or near the valley. North of Romford you've got Havering CP and Bedfords Park. Dagenham Chase and Tylers Common could also be worth a look.

Further afield there's places like Thorndon, Weald CP, Hanningfield Res and a host of places along the Thames - Two Tree Island, Canvey, Wat Tyler, Vange... And pretty much the whole Essex coast could be good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back