• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nest boxes (1 Viewer)

Pen_Gwynne

G'day All,

A long long time ago, when I lived in the darkest depths, deep in the jungles of Southern Hampshire. I had the task to place and monitor some nest boxes close to some schools. Back then it took me some time to find out that the UK had an organisation that actually had a hand book for the construction and placement of such items.

Does this superb organisation, thee RSPB, still publish such a fine booklet? has it been updated recently? does it have a new title?

I'm now helping out with a project down here in the land of milk and honey and the worlds best spin bowlers to help out some disadvantaged young human ones and to get these young humans involved with their local environment.

I now the success we had in the UK is sure to work again down here.

Ooroo fur now Penn ....

G'day from Adelaide, Penn

The RSPB is at www.rspb.org.uk

Click Gardens, then on the left scroll down to the two nestbox items.

You might also like to take a stickybeak at Birds Australia: www.birdsaustralia.com.au

Among many other ventures, they run birdSearch, an "atlassing in schools pilot program". I do not know anything at first hand about this program, but it sounds worth a look.

Rufus

PS

On its page about nestboxes for small garden birds, the RSPB site says "For comprehensive information on nestbox design, see Nestboxes by Chris du Feu, BTO Guide 23, obtainable from BTO."

There's a link to the BTO (British Trust for Ornithology) above right on the same page.

If you lose the link, the address is www.bto.org

Rufus

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back