• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need a new Rucksack - Nikon 300mm f2.8 (1 Viewer)

BillN

Good morning, Folks

I have recently added a Nikon 300mm f2.8 VR to my lens range ……. I need a new rucksack
Two DSLR bodies - good Gitzo full size tripod, 300mm f2.8, 300mm f4, a couple of TC and other small Nikon lens, Nikon V1 and a few bits, throw over Camo etc., etc.,

Not getting any younger - I've looked on line at the Lowepro Pro Trekker 300AW but it look very big

any recommendations would be really helpful as the problem is I would probably have to buy on line as there does not seem to be many retailers in the Winchester UK area.

Good morning, Folks

I have recently added a Nikon 300mm f2.8 VR to my lens range ……. I need a new rucksack
Two DSLR bodies - good Gitzo full size tripod, 300mm f2.8, 300mm f4, a couple of TC and other small Nikon lens, Nikon V1 and a few bits, throw over Camo etc., etc.,

Not getting any younger - I've looked on line at the Lowepro Pro Trekker 300AW but it look very big

any recommendations would be really helpful as the problem is I would probably have to buy on line as there does not seem to be many retailers in the Winchester UK area.

Just bought, to fit my Nikon D40 + Sigma 150/500 into, this.............

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R.../dp/B002VPE1WK/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

I can recommend it, it's a snug, padded, safe fit for the camera coupled to lens with room at the sides for other lenses etc.
Check it out, there are pics, uploaded by customers, of the inside etc.....
... Well worth the £21.49.... that's with free UK delivery

Last edited:
I have two Think Tank bags both of which I am reasonably happy with. They are not cheap but very comfortable to use , my only criticism is that the rain cover isn't attached to the bag and isn't the easiest to fit.
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-backpacks/airport-backpacks.aspx
They have the advantage of meeting flight hand baggage dimensions although watch out, several airlines notably charter planes, have recently reduced their allowance on size.

Thanks all - lots of price variations and most of the expensive ones seem to be ex the US.

If I'm going to pay £150 to £200+ I reckon I need to get out there and visit a few shops

The Lowepro Pro Trekker 300AW still looks good but it is big and as Dave points out having one below the aircraft reg size is important as I take my stuff to S Africa once a year and also between the UK and France maybe 3 times a year …….. plus maybe I will also get to somewhere "exotic" not too soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back