• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Bird (1 Viewer)

CJW

Hit-and-run WUM
Some of you will find this a bit easy, but here goes:

Attachments

• mystery bird.jpg
    mystery bird.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 328
Not much difference there Edward!!!

I'll go for err, err a duck. Only ever look at males outside the eclipse season otherwise I get a headache!

James

OK, head on the block... can't thnk of anyhthing appropriate with a Manx flavour, so... Snipe

Having looked again closely I have noticed the size of the bubbles making this too small for a duck? Maybe dunlin, which at first appeared a brave answer, is right after all?

James

I was just going on the bill shape and colour (just clearing the water as it tosses its head) as well as the feather patterning.

If this was in India, I'd have plonked for a female Pintail. But there are strange birds in far away places .........
Sumit

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back