• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My offshore patch ( 3 ) (1 Viewer)

Hi Grousemore,

Can't remember exactly, but he has said before on his 'My offshore patch' (1) or (2), so read through them. But somewhere about half-way between Shetland and southern Norway.

Michael

Grousemore / all,
We are at the same lat. as Edinburgh, and approx. 200miles from Aberdeen,Newcastle,Stavanger,Esberg & Dan Helder with Flamborough head in Yorkshire our nearest landfall ( approx 190 miles ) so we are just about as near to the centre of the North sea as you can get.
Dave

Last edited:
Especially because of where you are, I always find your reports fascinating.

Keep 'em coming, Dave!

Swift / Michael,
Sorry for the long delay in replying, but yes it will be a very good bird for the unit ( if accepted ) The Hobby was also a first for the us.
I am back offshore early tomorrow so hoping for some good easterlies.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Nice pic the first one (if a pile of industrial stuff like that can be considered nice!!)

The second one is blank, the pic just opens white

Michael

Sorry about the second one ( its just like my mind at the moment )
I will try this one.
Dave

Attachments

• dr01.jpg
    dr01.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 211
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back