• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My list (1 Viewer)

cjay

Only 158 this year.

Highlights were.

White Headed Duck at Hardley Flood Norfolk.( very Twitchable)

White Stork at Sternfiled Suffolk. (Self found)

Red Kite flyover Holton Suffolk (self found)

Osprey flyover Wrentham Suffolk. (self Found)

Displaying Goshawks Est Anglia (self Found)

Two Red Rumped Swallows Flixton Suffolk (Found by Friend)
CJ

JacobC: I'm wondering what would be a high number for a year list in the UK. At roughly 600 birds on the BOU list (correct?), you'd have seen ~25% of the birds that occur in Britain.

Obviously, a good number is in the eye of the beholder, but it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know what the threshold % would be. I don't have plans for a Big Year in Texas in 2003, but it was very satisfying to know that I saw a good number of the more extreme rarities that came to the state last year.

Your highlights sound like great birds, all the more so since you found so many of them yourself. I hope that this year compares favorably to 2002.

Last year, I saw 346 birds in Texas, which is about 56% of the birds that occur here. This will rank about 20th on the American Birding Association's Texas 2002 listing. Of course, those numbers will only be based on the records submitted. We'll never know how many people chose not to send in their numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back