• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minsmere at Easter (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Hoping to get down there one day over this coming weekend, but not sure which day. As i don't fancy biking 35 miles to find it shut and not being able to get my beans on toast from the cafe, does anyone know definitively ....

... Is it open all weekend ?

Ian Peters said:
Great news about Minsmere - see attached.

Ian

It may not be all good news. The BBC Radio 4 programme 'You & Yours' has just trailed an item to be broadcast in today's programme (on as I write) suggesting that owing to rising sea-levels, Minsmere might have to be moved elsewhere. You can listen again to today's programme if you missed it via the 'Listen Again' facility on the BBC website for R4 (I think).

Karl J said:
Hoping to get down there one day over this coming weekend, but not sure which day. As i don't fancy biking 35 miles to find it shut and not being able to get my beans on toast from the cafe, does anyone know definitively ....

... Is it open all weekend ?

Hi Karl
To answer your question directly,yes Minsmere will be open every day over the weekend and Bank Holiday. In fact with Tuesday opening the reserve will next be closed Christmas Day:)). Sand Martins starting to return today along with Chiffchaff singing. Marsh Harriers displaying and the odd grunt from the Bittern. Who knows what might turn up over the next few days? A pair of Smew are around but usually tucked away in the reeds. A pair of Garganey are also present but can be elusive. Lots of avocets the odd Med Gull( but I suppose you see enough of these) and still a few Water Pipits. The woodland is starting to come alive with song and the Cetti's are tuning up. Woodlark singing over the car park nad the odd Black Redstart dropping in. Whenever you decide to go I am sure you will find plenty to look at.
Ivan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back