• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meostar B1 - 8 or 10x32 In Black ? (1 Viewer)

How about those stylish Meopros. I never handled one, but they look like there is some form for function with the shape of the armor.

Agree Andy. Meopta made something similar for Trijicon a couple of years ago. Not sure if they still do, but the ergos were similar to that one.

I think they made a 6.5X32 then in the meopro?, jg any idea if the B2 is ever going to get produced, I can understand the last two years were a wash, since everything is "because of covid".

It would be interesting to se a refresh of the line up in B2 versions. I am not holding my breath though.
Especially the 8x32, 8x42 and 10x32 could do with some updates Hopefully the will retain the form factor/size somewhat. I have fond memories of the 8x32 and the 8x42 is nice, just a little bit heavy.

I have only handled one Meopro, if memory serves me right it was a 10x42. It was "ok" but a step down from the Meostars for sure. Grip was nice, eye relief was good but the focuser was molasses like and the optics were good, but not great.

Yes the original B1s are still a good glass today, my 7/8X42 are from 2012 and from 2018, and are solid. It is baffling how they never reviewed the 7/8X42 and rated the 10X42 so low down the chain in the 10X42 rankings.

Last edited:
Yes the original B1s are still a good glass today, mine 7/8X42 are from 2012 and from 2018, and are solid. It is baffling how they never reviewed the 7/8X42 and rated the 10X42 so low down the chain in the 10X42 rankings.
I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why they ever decided to discontinue the 7x42 ? Everything I read online were all positive.

Yes the original B1s are still a good glass today, my 7/8X42 are from 2012 and from 2018, and are solid. It is baffling how they never reviewed the 7/8X42 and rated the 10X42 so low down the chain in the 10X42 rankings.
I agree.... The 10x42 are Alpha like in their view. I really rate them, which is why I bought them, when I definately didn't need them!!
They really hold up against the top three, no question. I own Swaro, have owned Zeiss and Leica, and Nikon SE.
Although owners of the top 3, and I count myself in there, won't be happy with that.
It's a bit like a Subaru or Mitsubishi sitting on the heels of a Porsche..... or a Seiko keeping better time than a Rolex!!
Sh*t happens😅

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back